Welcome to my blog. Here I post favorite poems that either I've written or other writers. I've always loved to write poetry. My poetry comes from my heart. It is a cleansing of my soul. Make yourself comfortable and I hope you enjoy reading my blogs. This is my stress free zone and I hope you will visit often. From me and mine to you and yours...Enjoy. Deb







Thursday, May 5, 2011

My Magical Place

The sky in the morning is incredible,
As the sun rises,
And at night when it sets,
It fills the sky with extravagant colors;
Reds as dark as blood,
Oranges and yellows as bright as the smile of a new born baby,
And blues and purples so deep,
It’s as if you can fall right into them.

At night when the moon is out,
Stars shine like shards of fierce diamonds,
The greatest treasure in the mystical night sky,
So dark,
That if you look too hard-
You just might get lost in it.

At night if you take a walk,
The moon lights your path,
So even in the darkest allies,
You can find your way.

When it storms out side,
You can see the brilliant lightning,
Slash through the night sky,
And the rain drops quivering as they fall,
Straight as an arrow,
Reflecting the anger of the thunder.

When it snows,
The flakes are the purest white,
Covering everything in the magic of winter.
As the trees get covered in ice,
And the sun lights on them,
It’s as if they’re on fire-
Able to consume the whole world.

These are just a handful,
Of the majestic wonders in the world around us,
Its secrets that only a few will find,
Because they are the only ones that can actually see
What is right in front of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment