Welcome to my blog. Here I post favorite poems that either I've written or other writers. I've always loved to write poetry. My poetry comes from my heart. It is a cleansing of my soul. Make yourself comfortable and I hope you enjoy reading my blogs. This is my stress free zone and I hope you will visit often. From me and mine to you and yours...Enjoy. Deb







Friday, May 13, 2011

Hummingbird

So rare and sweet
So swift so fleet-
Each bird soars without care,
But of all those which I see-
and mean the most to me-
Is the darting,
Hummingbird.

So brief she flies-
Through azure skies-
Oedipus in search
of nectared wombs,
And her beak-
oh so shiek-
As she stabs every bloom-
In Nature’s floral
enmansioned rooms.

See!
There she is!
She flits and she flows
With severe temerity,
For while she lives:
She lived regally well
In her blue summer robes-
And most
Whole-heartedly.

But now the summer
it has come to its end
And unindemnified
she soon shall be gone,
Yes
much too soon
her frazzled ways
have run their course:
She fugacious,
So
“So long.”

But come next year
We will see her again
Sparkling-
Summer’s fizz,
Floating about-
Her blue color a shout-
And tantalizing.
For “what is”
Is
“What is”.

No comments:

Post a Comment