Welcome to my blog. Here I post favorite poems that either I've written or other writers. I've always loved to write poetry. My poetry comes from my heart. It is a cleansing of my soul. Make yourself comfortable and I hope you enjoy reading my blogs. This is my stress free zone and I hope you will visit often. From me and mine to you and yours...Enjoy. Deb







Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Tearstained Eye





I'm finding it harder and harder as the long days go by
to find the truth inside of me, to dry the tearstained eye
the turmoil inside is ripping at my heart and soul
the darkness within is proving to difficult to control

unable to shake the feelings that 'im breaking my loved ones heart
unable to rid the thoughts that we need to be apart
can't decide if what i'm doing is really right or wrong
and wrestling with the thinking that I have known all along

I love him, I think, no I really really do
but not the love it should be to carry us through
the dark days, the quiet moments, the trouble within life
not the love that's needed to become husband and wife

where do I go from here as I can't go on much longer
i'm angry with myself as I should be so much stronger
i've got to be decisive, got to prepare for the hurtful pain
i'm frightened that our years together have all been in vain

the time has come to finish it, to say it is no more
already the fear is rising, seeping from every pore
the truth should bring the blue sky, the dark should now be bright
but the turmoil will not go away, it's not giving up the fight


No comments:

Post a Comment